Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Mohins








The Mohins
 
The Mohins, actually Mohan before the other spelling, Moan before them both, as the Moans were from County Monaghan and not far from Castle Leslie... it was our Mary Theresa Danher who was my great aunt who married the maternal grandfather of Sir Paul, Owen Mohin, and had 4 kids, the last one dying soon after birth along with our Mary. The other children were Wilf , Bill and Mary , paul's mom. Mohins were our 1st cousins to our Danhers in Liverpool and they were the paternal ...side of the Mohin family, we the Danhers were the Maternal side. Owen Mohin did remarry afterwards to Rose and Rose became Mary's stepmom and they would not have a very close relationship and Mary moved to Liverpool to stay with Danher Aunts. Then war broke out and Mary met Jim McCartney. Owen Mohin purchased the grave for the McCartney women, My great aunt Mary Theresa and my cousin Mary Patricia in Yew Tree Cemetery in Roby Liverpool, from what I know it has been written he is not in that grave, his death and burial unknown... sad. The Mohins were our closest relatives in the Pool and I remember my gran on her visit to the Pool always having a great time at Paul's uncle Wilf's pub called the Eagle Pub on Paradise street which is now I think a Sony store, it was the U.S. Embassy once in the Pool.. ahhh memories

No comments:

Post a Comment